Middlewood Map

Middlewood is a northwestern Sheffield neighbourhood. Middlewood was once wholly rural, although it has been partially encroached upon by Sheffield’s expansion since the 1960s. Mark Skelton built Middlewood Hall in 1810, but a farmhouse is thought to have existed on the site much earlier. Middlewood Tavern is a public house with a recorded history dating back to 1835, when Joseph Bowden petitioned for a liquor license. Many major district facilities are located slightly outside the immediate Middlewood neighborhood. There are no large supermarkets and only a few small businesses in the district, therefore most inhabitants will travel to nearby Hillsborough to fulfil their greater shopping needs.

More related locations...