Attercliffe Map

Attercliffe is a northeast Sheffield industrial area on the south bank of the river Don. Sheffield City Council’s Darnall ward includes the neighbourhood. The name Attercliffe can be traced back to a Domesday Book entry „Ateclive“, which means „at the Cliffe“, a tiny escarpment that lay alongside the river Don. This cliff can be seen in photographs from the nineteenth century, but it is no longer visible. Attercliffe Chapel, historically a part of the parish of Sheffield, was established in 1629. as the settlement’s first house of worship. The Town School was built in 1779., while Christ Church was built in 1826., but was destroyed during WWII.

More related locations...