Midhopestones map

Midhopestones is a community in the northwestern outskirts of Sheffield, 17.5 kilometres from the city center. The village is located in the Little Don River valley, south of the A616, and the river, between Underbank and Midhope reservoirs. The hamlet and immediate environs contain several historic and listed properties, many dating from the 17th or 18th century, generally gritstone-built structures, including: Stonecroft cottage; a house and a barn with forge on Miller Lane; homes on Mortimer Road including the Club Inn, and ‘New House’. The Midhopestones Bridge across the Little Don, built around 1788, is also nearby, as is a late-eighteenth-century toll bar house north of the village and river, and an early-nineteenth-century former inn on the former Manchester Road.

More related locations...